View Single Post
Old 24 May 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4053126)   #25
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An unprecedented and uncharacteristically low 3 from me. Leclerc not starting really took the buzz out of it and then of course, there was little overtaking. Mazepin refused to spin, and the race director didn't show much onboard stuff, which is where a lot of the fun is at Monaco. Qualifying is usually more spectacular in terms of watching them on full chat, so the race lacked life. There were some interesting results and turns-up for the books (excellent podium finishes for Sainz and Norris and a really decent race by Vettel) and maybe a 4 would be more fair (as in a little below average), but I found it more uninspiring than usual and I still love Monaco, so if anything that would usually elevate my score by one regardless of the race. Somehow it fell short of expectations, though, in terms of satisfaction watching it, hence the slight disappointment and low score.

In hindsight, probably a little harsh. Maybe a 4 or a 5 would have been fairer, but I've voted now. Somehow, though, Monaco is usually a bit better than this for me.