View Single Post
Old 8 Jul 2010, 09:03 (Ref:2723401)   #75
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, Marcus is a good friend but frankly his piece wasn't too helpful, but then I don't think he is aware of the whole story. His solution, in my opinion should be a last resort, although AMOC working alongside other clubs, as it has done for years, should always form the basis of its approach. The club actually has the potential to provide very worthwhile racing programmes and raise its profile, but it needs the right people in the right places to achieve this.

My views on what occurred at the end of last year are well known and there is no doubt that it is why we are where we are, and that is no criticism of Angus Dent and John Hutchison who have done a good job of running with this particularly difficult 'ball' at very short notice.

I have stayed in touch with all parties here, and I would love to think that some sort of reconciliation could take place, and I would be more than happy to facilitate this, even though I was as angry as most about what took place. However, the wounds have, frankly, gone deep and it is difficult to know how to resolve this in the short term. The problem is that we actually don't have much time, because the club needs to be working on its 2011 racing programme, now.

Added note: I've merged this thread with the earlier one so that people not up to speed on this can recap!

Last edited by John Turner; 8 Jul 2010 at 09:12.