View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2011, 03:45 (Ref:2866218)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I found this a couple times by mistake...once when looking for the streaming for ALMS and the other during what has been become my Sunday ritual; finishing a full day of racing by watching Drag Racing on ESPN2.

Great to see some big names from International Rallying and some of the American sideways/extreme "cult" hero drivers. Was an interesting format but was an intriguing event.

This is something that has the "potential" to catch on in the states. If track promoters/owners can find a way to profit on this, I think all racing fans could get into it. Will be interesting to see how it gets on.

I enjoyed the viewing.
Certainly much better than the boring tripe served up in most other motorsport these days. And judging by the spectator and tv figure drops for those series, I'd reckon people are up for something different like Rallycross.

Something similar has already been successful in the USA(Mickey Thompson Series) so I don't see any reason why Rallycross can't do well.