View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2019, 15:41 (Ref:3917864)   #73
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Watching the livestream and the 917 just looks incredible and another level. Up to P3 now.
The 917 owner was telling us that he wouldn’t be competitive in the race, as the car was in desperate need of re-preparing...... While on display at the Chantilly Concours event two weeks ago, He decided to use it for a 100km Tour that was part of the event. The car was then rushed over to the UK for Goodwood FoS, and after that, taken over to Hungary for this meeting! Most owners wouldn’t do that with an MGB, let alone a Porsche 917....

The Vogele 908/3 was looking very worse for wear after the 1st lap accident- front right corner severely damaged, including suspension. Hopefully there will be time to sort it before Monza.

‘Our’ Chevron B19 was swamped at the start by T70s, and lost several places. What happens when qualifying is wet and the race starts dry! Lot of time lost with Safety Car periods, and we weren’t expecting a good finishing position, but near the end, helped by a little rain, the car shot up to P5 o/a and P2 in the Under 2L Proto class. So another podium for the happy drivers, and more Hungarian Champagne!

I really enjoyed the event, despite the traffic issues encountered getting there! If only the rest of Europe had major roads as good as the French Autoroutes. As I’ve said before, the enthusiasm shown by the organisers, circuit and local population for the event is amazing. I managed to look round all the displays briefly on Sunday, and could have happily spent a whole day looking....

Fingers crossed the event gets repeated in 2021, and more competitors make the trip!