View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2002, 11:52 (Ref:469869)   #62
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jack still has the Galaxie! He is a very good friend of mine and I have often visited his farm in Norfolk where he keeps the car and many others. In his 60s racing days, Jimmy Clark, Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart often used to stay at his house when racing at Snetterton. He is a good customer of my work which has led to our friendship.
A pity he will not allow the car to be raced though - it has been shown in a few demonstration parades and Lord March tried to persuade him to let it race at the first Goodwood revival St.Mary's Trophy Saloon race, but Jack allowed it to do demo laps only. Lord March wanted a Galaxie so had to have one built and copied the livery of Jack's Willment version shown in this photo. It is still a very quick car and is road registered.