View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2018, 17:40 (Ref:3826571)   #2149
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh yes it is Andy!

Sunday and the sun is well and truely hot, bloody hot, but got a job to be done.

First run and a bit of a surprise, 32.24/ 2.05/97 mph.
I was irritated it was so slow, but it was hot and all that jazz, so had to sort it 9in my head) for the second race run.
My class mate, Allan stormed the 28.82/ 1.86/ 117 mph, so you can see what I am up against!

2nd run and hotter still but felt far more focused oddly, and got going.

31.58/ 2.13/ 100 mph A PERSONAL BEST!
Previous PB was 31.92/ 2.24/ 99mph

The car absolutely flew up this steep hill and I felt I was with the car every inch of the way, all gears good, all steering good, brakes good (you only use them twice) and a first in class sadly because Allan had an oil filter leak and sprayed hot oil all up 1/2 of the track, really disappointing for him as he had struggled to get the car ready for the weekend.

Thus a further 3 points to the Championship class points.

What a great weekend of hill climbing when everything all falls into place.

Next weekend is another full - on Championship weekend at my favourite hill, Loton Park. www.hdlcc.com, 6 in the class for some reason, only me in the Midland Championship, but the others are HEAVY HITTERS...

Forgot to take the camera, but here is a google picture of Allan's EVO Mini creation: