View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2016, 10:28 (Ref:3683800)   #49
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
It's funny to see how many of you are blinded by the fact that the FIA, their inside friends at the ACO and fossil fuel hating greenies have reduced the so called top of sportscars to wheezy whisperers that could do so much better if, like in F1, the combustion engines were to be allowed serious outputs.
These cars should represent what is ultimately possible with current technology. What we now see are cars that are dialed down far too much, just to let F1 shine. The FIA has done it again. Sad to see so many be lulled into thinking this is all so very spectacular. Also sad to see that the worldwide campaign of making people think fossil fuels are nearly gone and that electrically powered cars are the way to go, is catching on too well for something so poorly not based in reality .
Fossil fuels are here to stay for at least a few centuries more and electrical propulsion is never gonna take over the many millions of FF engines we humans employ in our daily lives. People(willingly) keep forgetting the nagging facts that for electrical propulsion to take over completely, we would need amounts of exotic materials that are simply not there. Think of copper, Lithium, Neodymium, all far from being in abundance on our planet but all crucial for any modern electrical power unit. .

Sorry lads, as long as the cars on my beloved track are basically policor sign boards for a world that's being shoved down our throats as ' the future' while reality is something completely different, I will keep on not being impressed by the sight of them ugly and sterile contraptions.

Still the party is allways good at Le Mans, many friends will be there and the atmosphere will be warm and friendly, so I'll keep coming but if I want see some seriously fast machinery, I'll go to F1.