View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3845881)   #114
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
In the incestuous world of Australian motor sport journalism in the last 20 years journalists have become de facto PR hacks.The risk of offending someone/anyone means that everything is whitewashed,hyped and beyond criticism.Compare with any professional football code(or F1 for that matter) and you can see how pathetic it all is.No wonder people stopped reading what are warmed over press releases.
This, 100%

The fact that Supercars produce all their own content further emphasises how seriously you can take what is said on their programs.

Too many journos/commentators seem to wish to kiss the backsides of categories and organisers and cannot bring themselves to offer any criticism of anything, seemingly so they can keep their jobs in the series or be kept in mind for future opportunities

Compare that with the content offered by AFL and NRL commentators and journos on a week to week basis on both FTA and Fox Sports, and in the papers, none of them are scared to say something controversial against the sport or the controlling body if they feel the need to be said.

however in supercars its always "everything is Awesome"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
I also maintain that The Bend is easier to get to, but perhaps that's just like my parochialism coming out.
With respect, I think it might be.

It comes across, in my opinion, as you were perhaps using SMP as an easy kick to try and defend/talk up The Bend's access. It doesn't need it, the Bend is a great facility and will survive fine and attract people to events, kicking SMP (especially on an overseas radio show) serves no purpose

Last edited by one five five; 24 Aug 2018 at 22:58.