Thread: WEC WEC 2019/20 season
View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3844297)   #25
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think anyone thinks Bathurst should be avoided at all costs, but it is worth trying to avoid certainly. A week after Daytona doesn't bother me though. The amount of teams doing double duty is already dropping and will drop further. Drivers will do double duty between a week, so that's fine - and as you said, only so many weekends. The Petit clash again though is careless. If it was one clash, you say well fine, but WEC seems to make a habit of it.

I agree with your Silverstone reasoning. That's...nonsense. If Bahrain wanted 8 hours then fine, there's no harm in it. But it does feel like someone has a beef with Silverstone. It was dropped for weird reasons, then readded (showing there wasn't really a problem with having it) after backlash, and now it's one of the first to get a length cut. The fan survey said they want Silverstone, and the fan survey rated 4 hour lengths as a lot less popular. It's just...weird. Feels like there's an odd conflict we don't know about. I think when people voted for different race lengths, this isn't quite what they had in mind lol.

It's a decent calendar, it just has weird little bits where it's odd.