Luxembourg
Luxembourg
FLORENT MOULIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurstg01 View Post
Congratulations Florent on your race win

Lol ... many thanks !!!

It was a crazy week end...

Due to a customer delivery last week we couldn't have a shakedown with C27 before we arrived at Dijon. It was never used after 2000 season and I did a total rebuild to have it fully race ready. Except for C21 the Daytona winning car that wen to Chrysler museum immediately after the race, C27 is the most original ex. Factory Viper in existence.

We TOTALLY missed the practices "only 45 min" and qualifying brake balance / aero set up / chassis set up / Motec timing / etc ... everything had to be done !!!

So I only qualified in 4th ( ) for the saturday race and 3rd for the sunday race.

Finally on the Friday evening every flaws were corrected and the car was just superb to drive in race.

Unfortunately on Saturday I couldn't pass the 2 993 GT2s at the start ( one had no restrictors and more than 700 HP ... ) and spent 2 laps at there back, on the 4th lap I pressed the 993s, passed one but spun and went into the gravels. Thought back on the track the car was running perfect I decided to stop for safety reasons, there were a lot of gravels underneath between on the flat floors.
On lap 4 I was already 2sec. quicker than in qualifying !!!

On Sunday things were much different, once again the car was marvellous to drive then rain arrived ... and we finally won the race by one lap !!!

It was a great emotion to bring back a factory Viper to victory and then maintain the legend alive.

GT90s Revival only need motivated and passionate owners to bring there cars back to life like I do with my Vipers. These were fabulous times from the Golden Age of GT racing ( remember the GT1s !!! ).

Another race is planned at Le Castellet in October I will do my best to attrack owners there, the Series deserves it.

See pictures from the Viper at : http://www.racingforever.com/phpwebg.../category/5144

All the best,

Florent