Thread: Driver Lewis Hamilton Champion
View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3778183)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
You really could not be more wrong. The fans mean nothing to Mercedes - how many fans do you think buy brand new Mercedes road cars?
The MB marketing is to people who can afford new Mercs and are influenced by advertising the success, technology, reliability and engineering that F1 bestows on the brand.
You are missing the point - and assuming that Mercedes' involvement in F1 is for the sole purpose of selling brand new cars from forecourts.

In 2016, running the F1 team cost Daimler AG just 30million. In return they received a massive amount of exposure and marketing, along with a significant amount of R&D return that they are already transferring into their road cars.
The marketing is designed to not only sell new cars, but also used and encourage existing owners to continue to use the main dealer facilities.

Someone with a >5yr old MB may find that the results they see on the track enhances the reputation of official MB support - and so encourage them to take their car into their dealer networks.

There's a reason why the back page in a W202 MB service logbook provides you with the part no for the 180,000 - 360,000 logbook. They expect you to still be returning to the dealer for servicing.