View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2008, 12:18 (Ref:2189115)   #12
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiG_21
It's always a shame to have a race stop this way, but please don't think we were 'stiffing' you in any way... the use of the safety car in a race is up to your championship organiser.

I was in the pits while the throughbreds were racing so have no-idea what the incident was but decisions on race stoppages aren't made by the orgainsing club.
OK - let me reword that.

The people making the decision stiffed us not the organising club. We sat on the grid for 5 minutes. When they could have either had that car out of there by then and restarted it. Or just left it they in the first place (the car was a MG high up the Hill Paddock just at the top of the gravel trap) and put som yellows out.

No bloody need to stop it. Club racers are constantly getting stiffed JUST past half way in meetings.

I went off a few years back at Donnington (hold my hand up), at the first corner at Donnington on about lap 4 or something way before half distance but the kept it running a few more laps with my car in th gravel, UNTIL just past half the number of required laps and then through teh red flags and then obviously did not restart it. If that is not shafting people out of our hard earn money I do not know what is. They were just to dame lazy to stop it early and drag me out and restart it a few laps shorter.

It is endemic in UK Club Motorsport now.