View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2189246)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Sorry to disagree with you Terri but ranting on TT is part of the process, we even have the appropriate tags. If enough people complain either via media such as this (we all know the organisers, CoCs and other watch Ten Tenths) or write letters then nothing will change and abuse of regs by officials will continue.
As for a safety car I admit it wasn't in our regs so that was a pointless statement on my part but when you pay all that money and don't get reasonable value then I feel a rant is not out of order.
I have no issue with a rant - I'm simply saying that if you actually want something done about it, you have to raise it via official channels. Expecting things to change because you have a rant on Tenths is a waste of everyone's time - it's nothing different than has been said in any other thread when this kind of thing comes up.

You also need to have a clear view of who is responsible for decisions that are made instead of just announcing everyone is lazy and/or out to deliberately cheat you.

I agree that if someone has had their race cut unnecessarily short or cancelled - for whatever reason - then they're entitled to be unhappy about that. Racing costs too much to find that you've lost out for no good reason. But you don't have to lodge an appeal to ask the CoC why the decision was made - you just have to ask nicely.

Shouting and stamping and accusing people of laziness and generalised incompetence is not going to achieve anything but getting people's backs up.

Maybe it was a bad call - maybe not. I wasn't there, so I don't know. But if I did want to know, I'd ask the person who made the call what the basis for their decision was. If I wasn't satisfied with the answer, then I'd potentially be having a gripe about it.

Case in point - a shortened race at Kirkistown was raised in one of the other forums a while back. I said the same thing then. I know that someone did approach the CoC who took the comments on board and as a result, those affected received a free entry to the next race at that circuit. Had it been left that all people did was gripe here, that wouldn't have happened.