View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3668365)   #17
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Post race Will Buxton with NBCSN interviewed Verstappen. It was an interesting exchange. Here is the part in which they discuss his driving style...

WB: "A lot of radio chatter today from other drivers not happy with your defensive style of driving out there but you haven't been called to see the stewards, there were no investigation, (are) you happy with the way your driving and defending?"

MV: "Yeah, otherwise I should have got a penalty if it was not correct. I think everything was fair again today."

Will also asked him about turn one. Verstappen basically blamed Kimi and Sebastian. That they ruined his race! There is no reason to think he is going to change until he sees some type of negative consequences. Either from his team or the stewards.

Richard
That's the worry. Horner isn't going to tell him off - as Marko / Verstappen Snr will be encouraging this extreme aggression.

For me, in any formula if a driver is moving in the braking zone - matching and blocking deliberately the overtaking cars move - and out of spite for a earlier clumsy move which Max could have been brighter on, is a worry.

He's quick, no doubt - truly a mega mega talent, that was clear from his karting days, but his racing moves if carried out by Grosjean a few years ago, would have been jumped on.

Someone needs to grow some balls and have a chat with him. But, they won't, so it will take something to happen on track for him to maybe change.