Thread: Driver One-hit wonders
View Single Post
Old 17 Nov 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4083944)   #455
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think those three are definitely the most likely contenders to be the next winner. My money would be on George Russell, as despite the rule changes I still expect Mercedes to be very competitive next season, and think Russell will be almost on the pace of Hamilton immediately, so I think he will win a race early next season. Lando Norris, though, has a very good chance as I also think McLaren will be very quick next season and think he has been the second-best driver this season after Verstappen. While he'd need a bit of luck, Norris could win one before the end of the season. Carlos Sainz would definitely be my third choice as the next winner. He is quick, but the championship standings flatter him at the moment as he has not been on the same level as Leclerc, so I don't see him winning a race soon unless Ferrari have the best car at multiple races next season.
I tend to agree with this summary. Looking at 2022 and those on the list, in order of who will 'graduate' from the list I would predict:
Gasly,
Ocon

In terms of who will 'graduate' to the list, in order of likeliness I would predict:
Russell,
Norris,
Sainz Jr.,
Stroll,
Tsunoda,
Latifi,
Albon,
Schumacher,
Mazepin