View Single Post
Old 10 Oct 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3855864)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
These are F3 cars and it's an international series - so presumably the drivers will be drawn from national level single seaters and karting? I'd have thought you'd need to increase participation at those grass roots levels before you can launch a viable international series - although if it's funded seats then maybe you've got enough globally to get a decent sized grid together. Interesting to see what takeup is like.

Presumably drivers will pick up points towards a superlicence for competing and then move on to GP3, GP2 (or whatever they're called at the moment). There seems to be plenty of backing for it (is the money all from sponsorship or is the FIA pumping cash in too?).

Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose. Will I watch - probably not. But that's because it's F3 and I don't watch that anyway unless it's supporting something I'm watching at a circuit.