View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2257191)   #196
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi3
One of the reasons why I love GP2 as well is that I know I am watching a high standard but you also see some comedy (Pastor Maldonado ). I would therefore rate the two series as similar in standard.
Yes the 2 series are of a similar standard but I would compare the top 5 drivers in A1 GP more with the top 5 in the WSR rather than GP2. You mention Parente is often "there or thereabouts" in GP2 this year. Personally I dont agree with that, yes he is joint 5th in the championship at the moment but he isnt anywhere near Pantano, Senna or Grosjean in terms of pace, or Di Grassi most of the time for that matter.

Drivers like Carroll have had their chances in GP2 and for whatever reason have failed to hit the top, yes Carroll has won a couple of races but he hasnt ever been in the same League as rookies Hamilton, Premat, Pantano or Piquet. As for Duval, has he really done enough to justify a place in GP2? Sure he did ok in Nippon but he didnt exactly shine in the F3 euroseries. IMO of course.