Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2018, 04:46 (Ref:3868682)   #792
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

anyways i am more curious to what you mean by the cars being too fast.
Putting a number on it is impossible, let's get that one out of the way. I will give you a totally stupid scenario to make it easy to understand, if you had a 5km lap and the cars were lapping in 30 seconds there would literally be zero time for the driver to think about doing anything except follow the car in front as the time for braking, accelerating and in corners would be so compressed all he would be able to do is hang on.

But think about that and look at what we have now, very short braking zones in which few of the drivers can late brake each other and if they do it is so untidy to be almost laughable, straights so compressed due to acceleration that it requires an artificial aid to pass and yes I acknowledge the aero issues and it must be getting to the stage where the time boundaries to choose, act and finalise a pass is close to impossible to think about for some drivers. A place where I think this problem really occurs is at Bristol (NASCAR) where they do 12-13 second laps.

To keep making cars faster makes it more difficult for drivers to actually race due to the time compression that takes place. I have sat beside a lower formula single seat driver in a simulator and to watch him drive and make decisions makes me look on in awe at what F1 drivers do every lap.