Thread: DiRT Rally 2.0
View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3880865)   #29
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Will wait and see with Dirt Rally 2, I did not go for Dirt 4 as I knew it was arcade rot, but so far what I have seen of DR2 looks OK, am just hoping the physics are as good as DR, which is still for me, the best sim I have played on PC.
In my personal opinion Dirt 4 wasn't without merit. The airborne physics in DR were the biggest flaw in that game (in my personal opinion) and that was fixed in D4.

The rallycross Supercars were massively improved in D4 and most of the 4WD cars were OK. The RWD cars weren't great though and, as discussed earlier in this thread, "Your Stage" routes just weren't as detailed as those in DR.

Quote:
I think there are things they have done right, the new stages, but why not keep the old ones and make it huge? Rights maybe?
I suspect an old location (or two) may appear as DLC further down the line. As I understand it all the old environments would require reworking and I guess they have opted for new locations so as not be accused of rehashing old content.

Quote:
understandably as IMG probably pumped tons into the development budget maybe
That isn't what I heard, but maybe there was more to it. I know that CM got a lot of info from Cooper about the tyre, which is why there was so much improvement in D4.