View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2822588)   #11
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zwartkops meeting went well - the weather cleared up finally - there has been a lot of rain in South Africa. Jason was elected driver of the day after a fantastic charge from the back of the field in the saloon car race. He was relegated to the back as the favourites protested he was too quick in qualifying! Great driving. He was in a massive Chevrolet something or other - actually quite small compared to some of the cars.
It rained a bit before our single seat final, so I thought I had a good chance (Merlyn Mk20 FF) as I had been told South African drivers do not like to drive in the rain. Unfortunately they drive better than me, so I finished well back - actually I spun on the grass in full view of the pits (which included my wife!). Peter (rotary7 apparently, although he did not spin quite that often) went very well in a borrowed Titan FF. He gave me a hard time in the first heat (dry). I finished 3rd overall in the FF class despite the spin. Alan Baillie won the first heat but collided with somebody and a crack developed in his chassis (the tube acts as a water pipe), so his car leaked when they started it for the second heat and he withdrew. He had won another race in his Lotus 23 in the meantime so he was not too disappointed. Robin Longdon broke his Lola Mk1 engine. Alex Morton won his class in his ex Neville Lederle Lotus 21. Now off to Killarney (via a few days by the Indian Ocean).
Best regards
Marcus