View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2014, 03:57 (Ref:3467810)   #49
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Don't get me wrong and I'm Not saying I don't like all these cars,but I don't think PWC is going to be all that stellar.i don't trust scca to handle this many cars and quality teams all at once,scca and PWC is has been more geared towards am and club racing.the grid is exploding with all these new cars and teams,but how about scca and the staff are they hiring race directors,tech inspectors,new rules or is it going to be a free for all.
They actually have a race director, Geoff Carter. Seems to be well-respected, and he's done a pretty good job since I've been watching, as best as I can recall.

Quote:
seriously they are going to be forced to split gt and gts,will indycar weekends even allow that?and seriously the standing starts need to go or it's going to be a distruction derby when the lights go out.
They are actually planning on splitting GT and GTS already:

http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...dule-revealed/

Quote:
I want to see all these cars and great racing,but one hour is not enough when there's cautions.and erlier this year they were good at not calling them but as the year went on we saw 20-30 fcy which ruined several races.add more cars,more am drivers and more aggressive pro drivers for 2015 and I forsee 20-30 minute gt3 perades.not that I don't like gt3 but I want to see full on racing.1:30-2 hour races are considered sprint races,1 hour. Heck that's just warm up.then with this many teams and manufactures getting involved don't think PWC won't change bop in Cadillacs favor when it feels like it.
I'd like to see longer races, but the twin one-hour race format is actually okay, IMO. With GT and the new GT cup class running separate from GTS, should be a bit less speed difference; hopefully that will lead to less cautions. Actually, I thought PWC did a pretty good job with cautions this year. They kept them fairly short, and didn't seem to just throw them around that much, I thought. Plus, they have a traveling safety team. Keep them safe!

As for the BoP, weren't the Cadillacs actually still slower than the other cars, post BoP changes? They sure seemed it.

To me, World Challenge is pretty cool right now, and looks like it's going to be better still in 2015. Let's make sure their events are well-attended!

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 24 Oct 2014 at 04:06.