View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3778265)   #30
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Tony Quinn was interviewed on the Inside Supercars podcast on Tuesday evening and shed some light on the current position and developments.
http://www.insidesupercars.com.au/

Quinn's comments showed that it all isn't doom & gloom - citing amongst many things that the 2018 calendar is pretty much finalised - inclusive of the Australian Grand Prix, Tailem Bend, Hampton Downs, Phillip Island etc. Roughly 5 sprints and 3 Endurance events.

He also suggested that losing Clipsal wasn't a big loss from his point of view.

Confirmed that he is still running the series in 2018 and that CAMS, VASC and Australian GT were still friends but said he wasn't fussed now that Australian GT and VASC would not be joining together.
With B12Hr and Hampton 12Hr being part of the SRO APac 36 along with Sepang 12Hr, i'm not sure if there is that much of a reason to have an AEC encompassing fly away races in NZ, and even less a sprint round when you consider the carnage that can (and has) developed, OR, doing what some have done and avoid the rounds altogether to focus on CB or just stay at home/focus on daytime job.

I think if they are to do an AEC next year outside of the APac 36, keep it in Aus with PI and others (why don't they include the B12Hr in this - I know its not an AusGT event but they all turn up anyway), and those that want to/can afford to venture to NZ can do the APac 36 event.