View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2018, 11:03 (Ref:3815183)   #10
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What are the rules regarding exhausts for NGTC?

I remember the Vauxhall Vectra S2000 / NGTC hybrid actually sounded pretty nice, almost like a Subaru Group A car, however the current exhaust notes don’t really do it for me. The TCR cars actually sound much nicer (imo).
Some of that information is in the 'private' technical manuals, but some of what you are getting from the exhaust notes is down to the common turbo / wastegate requirement. Along with the following:

'The maximum noise level is 115 dB(A) at 4500 rpm measured at 0.5 metres distance and at a 45
degree angle to the point of exit of the exhaust(s) and at a height above the ground of 0.5m
±0.1m'