View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3761405)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A lot is often said about the Japanese reverse engineering a lot of their products, something that the Chinese seem to be doing nowadays.

However, it is interesting to note that Rolls Royce secretly purchased two Toyota Crowns in 1981/82 because they wanted to emulate the air-conditioning system that was in the car. I believe that the Crown was the first mass-produced vehicle that had a split heating system that meant that you could have heat in the rear and air-con in the front, or vice-versa, because it had a separate air-con unit in the back, and the temperature in the rear could also be controlled by the rear passengers. Plus a mini refrigerator box built into the rear parcel shelf.

Future Rolls had almost identical systems!
Some would say that that is unnecessary complication! I am not one of those people. My daughter in the back is always colder than the one in the front.