View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1795693)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i think upgrading the pits and so forth was necessary, but disagree strongly with touching the circuit itself. i don't understand why they can't start on the normal grid like everyone else manages to every other race. it's part of the challenge.
Do you mean starting on the run down to Eau Rouge? If so I believe there are no standing starts on that grid only rollers. This is because of the steep hill and therefore you can't expect F1 cars to start from there. Also the pit lane and pit complex is too cramped for F1 teams.

As far as I can tell the only changes to the track itself involve the realignment of the Bus Stop chicane. All other changes involve replacing gravel/grass with tarmac thus the configuration of the track is changed very little.