Thread: IMSA USCC in 2016 and 2017
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3455101)   #36
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lms View Post

maybe there is some good news "each championship (WEC, IMSA, etc.) will be responsible for their own adjustments" - so... wretched deepees only in NA? while europe, wec and the ALMS (hehe) will use normal bodywork? im ok with that...
I have a hard time believing that the ACO will be promoting a spec P2.

I also can't believe IMSA would kick out teams in 2017 who will be running the new HPD or Ligier or maybe the Oreca beginning next year. So at the very least if you buy a new P2 for next year you will likely be grandfathered in for 2017.

My favorite quote from the article is the one where their target speed is "between LMP1 and GTE" wow, thanks for that.