View Single Post
Old 24 Sep 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3769607)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't understand the obsession with speed. Yeah the cars aren't faster, but that's because if you make them faster you need to start butchering the circuits. The rules are different and designed to keep the cars slower. If you used modern tech to build to the old rules, they'd be faster. Lap times are not always an indicator of progression.

Of course you can compare Apples and Oranges. They're both fruit. This is more like comparing tigers to velociraptors. They're both animals, but one is extinct and not relevant anymore.
Laguna Seca has remained mostly the same. If anything the cars are safer now than they were nearly 10 years ago when record laps were being set, on the same track(s). I think the races with the Acura, Porsche and Audi were really good racing too, btw. So who says we can't have both?

I'm still looking forward to the race. I think people want to see faster cars because they know what these ones are capable of. And speed awe's people. GTE is faster than ever, but prototype isn't. And were seeing one car dominate in a bop formula, which isn't supposed to happen. That's kind of a turn off. Credit to WTR though!