View Single Post
Old 2 Feb 2007, 15:29 (Ref:1831960)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Before anything official can be added to the Chassis archive, I thought that an outline of what we know about CC chassis numbers might help jog some memories as to their histories and how many there were.

I am also going to add other race cars that the company built and developed.

Group 1 Ford Capri 3.0s:
Cars we know something about:
CC1 - Most probably Gordon Spice's first MKIII car.
CC2 - tbc
CC3 - Orignally built for Jeff Allam in 1978. Now owned by Ade Vickers, the Northern Sports Saloon regular.
CC4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, all TBC.
CC20 - Originally built for Vince Woodman and campaigned in the 1981/82 seasons. Subsequently owned by Brian Chatfield and run in Group A and modsaloons. Then campaigned by other people in modsaloons and Northern Sports/saloons. Latterly owned by Ric Wood, restored and now residing in original spec and livery in Wiltshire.

There is some debate as to whether 20 or as many as 25 Capris were built. Some latter owners reckon only 20, but Dave Cook once advised that there were more likely to be 25 as a lot of the later ones were built for European customers.

So assuming that there were 25 Capri chassis numbers:
CC21,22,23,24,25 all TBC.

Then (SEE OTHER PROJECT THREAD):
CC26
CC27
Likely to have been the 1983 Grp A Mustang ETC & Opel Monza BTCC cars.

Group A BMW 635 CSi
CC28-CC31

The last major project car that the firm may have assigned chassis number to is:
Grp C Tiga Lambo.
CC32?

There's also a possibility that other cars the firm built or developed but may never have seen competitive action, or maybe were sold abroad were also given CC chassis numbers.

There's an awful long way to go with this folks!

Last edited by chunterer; 21 Jan 2009 at 12:42.