View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1928753)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Strictly back on topic ('VVW2W' ended up as a Road Saloon after its prodsaloon days!) Here's Colin Blower's Starion and I think the Capri is Roy Eaton's in the Donington Paddock, April 1985.

It was a Monroe round supporting the British F3. However I seem to recall that for some strange reason there wasn't any Monza's at this event but I might be mistaken.

The Starion was the pace setter in the big class for 2-3 years, particularly in Colin's hands (although Andy McLennan would have something to say about that) and Skid Scaroborough gave up the unequal Capri struggle and campaigned one himself in 1986!

Here Blower's car is in the original BF Goodrich colour scheme which he ran from '83-'85. He later ran a predominantly white livery IIRC.

Eatons' car was I believe the one that went on to win that year's Willhire 25 hours with the infamous 'OK Yah' number plates.
Attached Thumbnails
Blower Starion.jpg   Eaton Capri.jpg  

Last edited by chunterer; 4 Jun 2007 at 20:13.