View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2018, 16:04 (Ref:3798721)   #378
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM1 View Post
I wonder where the Belgian VL's come from, as it is not clear. Would be interesting to know if one of Belgian Serge power cars is now back in Australia as it was sold back to England (i know this for sure!)

Prior to a VL being sold back to England, i can 100% confirm it was in Finland. The dutch rally cross cars i think were the last of the VK's left over there.
I've just sent you a PM.... but we may as well try and keep this going again!
I always assumed the Belgian cars were bought second hand from Australia at the beginning of '87 with Spa in mind. So most likely VK;s which were then facelifted?

Serge Power i'm sure had 2 cars, pedalled by various rent-a-drivers (including Delcourt). I remember seeing both at the '87 TT in the atrocious weather. The 2nd car was hired by some Brit drivers; Jerry Mahoney and I can't recall the other guy. One of the cars was a Dutch entry Jeroen Hin's Playboy car?

I think there might have been a 3rd private VL in that race prep'd by John Maguire Racing which was driven by club racers Vic Covey and Andrew Jeffrey?

Last edited by chunterer; 5 Feb 2018 at 16:10.