View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1436648)   #80
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My top ten

1. Alonso (peerless drive - made me a fan) I can't remmber ANY driver making less mistakes and driving in such a mature and intelligent way.

2. TGF (history books will place MS in the top 3 of 2005 yet we who were watching knew that the ferrari was probably the 6th fastest in the feild. He made mistakes sure, but they were more about him driving on the ragged edge to get more out of the car. the chinese gp was not an indictment on him in my opinion, the ferrari was worse than the jordans.)

3. Kimi (very fast and totally fearless. However, I get the feeling that he can't maintain the same level of focus as Alonso and MS. whats the point of setting the fastest lap on the final lap? It was as if he gave up in china. even the hype in Japan, Alonso drove a superior race in regards to car skill and overtaking manouvers. the Mclaren was faster than the renault and the renaults true pace was reflected in Fisi's driving.)

4. Coulthard (when he left mclaren he got his balls back. with them he's very very good.) with multi lap qualifying i rate him third in the feild)

5. Montoya (suprised me with his speed vis-a-vis kimi. I think that he's just as fast as kimi and on occassion faster. with some luck/no bad luck in 2006 i think he'll beat kimi. remember that 2005 was his first year at mclaren yet he collected 3 wins.

6. Nick H (solid driver who confirmed what many of us believed all along)

7. Jenson (I think he lacks integrity but without him BAR's year would have been a complete and utter disaster)

8. Trulli (showed great speed for qualifying and when he he was on the sharp end of the grid but faded when things became more scrappy. In trulli's case "when the going gets tough Trulli gets going DOWN" lol. but i must confess that if you give trulli the fastest car or one of the fastest he is caple of winning a championship.

9. Klein (he trounced Luzzi who will never be a great talent)

10. Ralf (he salvaged his season, but remains too erratic. he probably makes up for his inconsistancies with his cerebrial development skills.