View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2005, 12:01 (Ref:1436911)   #93
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
My top ten:

1- Alonso. Blisteringly quick, totally commited and brought the car home for a good points haul when the victory wasn't on the cards.

2- Kimi. As with Alonso his speed was incredible, with a more reliable car he could have taken the title, I'm sure his time will come.

3- DC. I've never really been a DC fan and generally considered him a waste of a top seat. This year he's been a breath of fresh air, strong performances on track and talking sense off it (instead of McLaren PR mumbo jumbo).

4- TGF. He seemed to be able to get more out of the Ferrari than Rubens and finished 3rd in the championship. Not what he's used to but though.

5- Heidfeld. Showed good speed and from the first race was prepared to go wheel to wheel with people. Looked good against his much fancied team mate and again his input seems to have been much appreciated by the engineers, he should be a valuable asset to BMW.

6- Trulli. Started the season superbly and up until the introduction of the latest car held the upper hand over Ralf. People complained about the 'Trulli train' in races but he had every right to be in that position after his qualifying performances.

7- Klien. I expected absolutley nothing from Klien. To be honest I didn't think he'd see the season out once Liuzzi had been in the car. He's probably the most improved driver from last season to this and deserves to keep his place for next season.

8- JPM. Spent the early part of the season adjusting to the car then fell of his tennis racket. Not promising. However in the latter part of the season he was flying, with no chance in the drivers championship he could just go for it and as ever was quite prepared to go for overtakes.

9- Fisi. Soundly beaten by Alonso but I really don't think he had a bad year, suffered from the "curse of the second Renault" in terms of reliability but put in some good drives too.

10- Button. Not impressed with the contract thing but on track he did pretty well, comprehensively destroyed his team mate and hustled the car along quite nicely.