View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2016, 05:18 (Ref:3656202)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Gordon, I assumed you were one of the Brands Hatch 'Legends' the meeting title refers to, so would be granted access accordingly!

Our qualifying was OK, except until with couple of minutes to go! 'On it' through Clearways, and catching a Grantura rapidly, suddenly the car in question suffered a rear suspension failure. It snapped round right in front of me and I had absolutely nowhere to go, hitting it's rear quarter with my front quarter. Only the second time I've ever hit a spinning car, and Sod's law, both times in the vulnerable nosed, alloy bodied SLR! Not happy, but after watching video from our car and the car that was behind me, it really was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.....

So last eve, while I hammered out the nose as mush as possible, the lads from Brands Hatch Morgans straightened out the front frame and tie rod, and fitted a new king pin. Lucky we were racing at their local circuit! Touch wood all ready to go again.....