Thread: Official Italian Grand Prix
View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4175165)   #45
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I was thinking similar.

I also can think of no one on the grid that shows remotely the talent Max has shown. Im not sure that given the RB is designed or at least developed around Max's needs, even the best of other drivers in an RB would still be shadowed.

I say that with my own personal preferences being far from focussed on Max as a supporter. However, like him or not, I believe him to be a notch up from the likes of Alonso, a notch and a bit up on Lewis and certainly a couple of notches up on Leclerc, Norris et al....

Before I get shot down in flames, i add the words "My Opinion". Sharing it is your option
I'm not entirely convinced. I still believe there are drivers out there who could challenge him in the same car, although the point about the car being designed specifically for him is obviously a very valid one. I do include Norris in that, and probably Alonso, although I'm not sure about Lewis now and I don't believe Leclerc has anything like the consistency needed to be able to match Verstappen. Right now though, with what he has at his disposal and the psychological invincibility that comes with two titles already, another easily in the bag and ten wins on the bounce and a bullet-proof car tailored to him like a bespoke Saville Row suit, Max is currently unbeatable...