View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2018, 13:51 (Ref:3830019)   #27
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Each to his own as Shakespeare probably said, but a long line of silly cars driving along one behind the other is not my pot of coffee. But you younger chaps seem to enjoy it. In my somewhat less than humble opinion Formula Ford was one of the worst things to happen to motor sport ever. It has generated a stream of ………………… Oh! I won't go on it will only upset you.

...a stream of Grand Prix drivers ? A stream of pure racing - no aero , no paddles - for 50 years ? Or perhaps a stream of affordable and different chassis- just about the only single seaters which aren't all Dallaras?

I enjoy VSCC stuff too but I really , really struggle to understand why anyone would not approve of FF1600 ? Or was it that the affordability undermined the right crowd and no crowding ethos ?

It's 150 miles plus - each way - for me but I think an early start is beckoning ...