Thread: IMSA IMSA : 2019
View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3800138)   #120
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
As a result of the fuji Alonso debacle. I think a good revenge is to pull the Sebring 1500 mile race from the wec. I think imsa with the Sebring track have the power to do this still?
I think IMSA is more professional than that. However the ACO/WEC’s Alonso love could undermine the combined event. Sebring is the third Saturday in March. Suppose the F1 schedule also starts that same weekend but Alonso still also want to race in the WEC. Does the WEC then demand that IMSA change the date for Sebring?

Based upon recent events, the answer is almost certainly yes. The answer from IMSA should be to tell the WEC to pound stand — Sebring is a very traditional race held on at a very specific time each year. The WEC then jumps ships, holding an event someplace else at a date that can accommodate Alonso's schedule and blames IMSA in general and Sebring in particular for “forcing” them to move their portion of the event.