Thread: Brabham BT29
View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2004, 21:05 (Ref:1548537)   #7
David Irwin
Rookie

David Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see I'm pretty late in getting involved here. First a brief intro:

My name is David Irwin, I owned a restoration shop, Lime Rock Motors for 15 years in Connecticut. I've restored about 15 Brabhams, have owned several and have vintage raced since 1989. Recently moved to Virginia, bought some property where I'm putting up a small shop (3200 sq. ft.) while I work for ProtoType Technology Group restoring vintage racing BMW's owneds by BMW of N.A.

Here are a pair of BT29s I've had contact with:

BT29-2 Original owner Bob May, not Fred Ashplant (I've talked with Fred.) Sold to Tom Scott 1971, Scott killed in car at Daytona. Remains to Carl Whitney, Remains to Ken Duclose, Remains to David Irwin, Restored frame back to original, car restored, TwinCam/FT200, Sold to John Coughlin 2000, Sold to present owner Joe Blacker 2003.

BT29-46 Original owner Al Lader, crashed car, remains to Carl Whitney, remains to Ken Duclose, Remains to present owner Marty Handshy, chassis restored by Lime Rock Motors 1999, car restored by owner Twin Cam/Hewland MK5.

Hope this helps fill in some gaps for you. Keep up the good work, this info should help many in the future. David Irwin

Last edited by John Turner; 14 Mar 2006 at 20:45. Reason: Thread breakdown alteration