View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2618555)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesper OH View Post
That's pretty good scalps in Andy Rouse's favour, beating all three TWR Rovers (Soper, Pond, Lovett) in the very first race of the season.

Jesper
Yes indeed, Rouse and Soper had a fine scrap for the win IIRC (as they did at Thruxton in May). I think the two of them were a fair way ahead of the rest but I don't have a race report handy to qualify that statement.

I seem to recall it being misty mind you, I was very young and that was the first meeting my father had taken me to since '82 after we had moved upto the Midlands so my memory may not be right on the button there!

KA brought up the Cheylsmore BMW in the '85 thread, so a quick hark back to KA's questions about possible other entries for the earlier rounds. I think the Grunding car may not have appeared in '84 until the Easter Monday Thruxton round, can't be 100 percent on that though?