View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2010, 11:11 (Ref:2619026)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr View Post
Nothing wrong with your memory, chunterer! It did start drizzling mid-race, through to the end of the race. According to the review video, Soper was in touch with Rouse for most of the race, but it looked like Rouse had the race under his control. Soper was putting everything into the chase in the wet, though! He lost time lapping one of the Metros on the outside into the Old Hairpin, getting the tail of the Rover well-and-truly out in a magnificent powerslide, and doing the same thing at the chicane later on.
Crikey, William is there any chance you could send me a copy of that video on DVD please?!!! (chunterer clasps hands in hope....)

Also just noted the dates question further back.

The Oulton Good Friday round was 20th April, the Easter Monday Thruxton round was April 23rd. It was pure BTCC heaven for a little 10 year old at the time I can tell you, although the old man must've felt the mileage covered that weekend in his Capri 2.0S!!