View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2172055)   #10
jamesholland
Racer

jamesholland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Good to see you have signed up Rich! Was only there for a short time Saturday, mainly to catch the FJs. I understand all of the 500s were called in from their session for being too noisy! They then went out with the FJs later. However many FJs were not allowed on track for this session either, some had the wrong colour noise test stickers on apparantly - frantic scenes of stuffing exhausts and much ugly heated debate in the assembly area.
It's all getting a bit ridiculous. Dr JP should buy that house (where the woman lives who complains the most) and open it up as a B&B for weekend race teams or mid-week testers. On Sunday, I was watching paint dry Rich, but of a different acrylic kind!
The episosde was as confusing as it was farcical. The limit of 118db is easily achievable; I fitted my usual silencer which passes the 106db limit at hillclimbs. I'm sure none of the participants would have had any problem meeting the limit.
One of the bugbears of running a 500 is the need to avoid lots of stopping and starting which made Saturday's episode extremely frustrating. We were all supposed to be tested for noise on the way to the assembly area so the problem should have been dealt with far sooner than it was; assuming there was a problem in the first place which I doubt.