View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3669366)   #33
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back in the day Croft was always an insanely cheap track to go to, I used to travel there regularly to watch rallycross on the old track. There, Cadwell, Lydden for ERC and Brands for early season and GP (when the title fitted the event!).

I did go to the new one once, when they got Supernationals and a few ERC guys over, but since then it has kind of lost its appeal, and needs to drop the GP tag. Superprix is fine, but reminds me of Stott the man who hastened the two series structure that has so ruined things!!

But agreed, for a two day meeting that is very good value and makes Lydden look a little greedy, nothing new there.

But as I say they are recouping their WRX hosting fees and capitalising on a family bank holiday crowd, lots of other tracks do the same with F1 and MotoGP hosting fees, just a shame that WRX seems to think they are big enough now to do the same, yet offer very little in on track action in comparison to even some national series.