View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2016, 11:26 (Ref:3670256)   #35
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess it depends on what you call value.

Was it a good show? It is purely designed as one, not a race event or a championship.

Monster Jam is a once in a lifetime event in the UK, it doesn't happen frequently.

Would you not expect to pay to park at a venue in a big city?

You would at football or rugby, why not a racing event? It isn't surrounded by grassland like Lydden is.

Isn't Monster Jam a far, far, far bigger event than a round of British rallycross? Far more family friendly in terms of times, accessibility.

I agree you should not be paying to access the pits, that is always pushed as being a big thing with Monster Jam, didn't know you had to pay, that's robbery.

But comparing this to a national championships is a bit like comparing an NFL league game at Wembley with a sort of European NFL game between I don't know Berlin and Amsterdam at a small footy ground. Monster trucks is like car WWF, not really a sport.

Not really like for like, but some interesting points raised.

And to be honest, I think the reason people are mentioning the price at Lydden is that is has jumped up in price a lot in recent years, with no real jump in quality or facilities. I don't think people are saying it's bad value necessarily. Its a lot dearer than a clubby at Snetterton or Cadwell, which is what really it should be compared to.

Last edited by chunder; 5 Sep 2016 at 11:32.