View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3757810)   #88
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Verstappen incident was perhaps demonstrative of Max's rashness and Daniel may have been right that losing out in both Turn 1 and now Turn 2 to his team-mate would have been too much to take. However, I'm not sure that I would have given Verstappen te penalty as this was not overly-aggressive driving during a move or botching the move, but from my view was more like him putting his car on the inside early on and then outbraking himself. Arguably the same thing, though. His car positioning wasn't bad and the lock-up was typical of the first few corners of a race.

Daniel's reactions were interesting. The typical heat-of-the-moment reaction was said on the radio and if you were being mean you could say it made him look like a sore loser after losing out in a typical Lap 1 incident. His interview on the BBC was more measured and he made the point about Verstappen needing to blot over-react to his team-mate.