View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2017, 01:06 (Ref:3774406)   #8
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
I will leave the discussion of Jimboy's merits or lack of them to others however as per usual the incredible effort put in by many many volunteer race officials and event volunteers Australia wide goes unmentioned.

There would be no supercar events if it were not for those spending their own money and leave to endure exceptionally long hours and conditions to allow the events to occur.

I suppose we are used to being ignored when platitudes are being given out so it is great to experience state and lower level motor sport where the emphasis is on the sport and competitors express their thanks acknowledging that they would not be able to compete if it was not for the volunteers.
Where's a like button for this forum when you need one? Good post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
“In 2018, your number 1 fan will be sitting opposite pit lane, finally in shorts and a t-shirt with his family, cold beer in the hand cheering you all.”

Sure.

Yes and I've got some beachfront property in Alice Springs you might be interested in.

He did do some good stuff financially for the series in a difficult role to fill but not a fan of how he handled the tv deal which for the short term gain will hurt the sport in the long run more so.

Going by the comments on Speedcafe this morning Mike Jacobson should put his hand up-in doing so sending the sport back to the dark ages but I digress.