View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2017, 10:21 (Ref:3774448)   #11
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Warburton gets my vote for the best CEO the category has had.He inherited a financial basket case and did a fair job of turning it around.If the series spurned Foxtel and stayed FTA it would still be a basket case only much worse.
Nothing against Mr Warburton, as you point out he had work to do when he walked in but best CEO so far has easily Wayne Cattach - one of the founders of the whole category, moved it forward massively in his time there and was there for an extended period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
I do remember fields of 20 formula Fords, 30 Aussie cars, 20 odd utes, heaps off others, all gone and no longer playing in the sandpit
Aussie race cars still run with VASC, Utes had a spot on the program but are in the process of change to the diesel series and FF not running nationally is a great shame but I don't think you can put all the blame on VASC, CAMS has a fair bit of blame in that one as well.