Thread: DTM 2021
View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2020, 00:40 (Ref:4013308)   #12
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I think the ecosystem of GT3 in Europe can potentially get unsettled with this move, there's certainly room for all but depends on how everyone shifts to accommodate it.

My ideal scenario would be:

Continental Professional Series

DTM - GT3 Pro single driver sprint races

GTWC - GT3 Pro and Pro-Am multi driver sprint and endurance races

Continental Alternative Series

GT Open - GT3, GTC, GT4 combined sprint races (GT Open is always the Outlier for folks who dont want to go SRO racing that particular year, and I dont think thats a bad thing, some competition and some Michelin tires isnt a bad thing)

National Pro-Aml Series

British GT / Italian GT / ADAC GT - GT3 & GT4 combined sprint + 2-3hr endurance races, with mandated Pro-Am driver combinations

Yes I get that is potentially a hierarchal drop for GT Masters, but for whatever reason, Im drawn more to British GT and Italian GT with its mixed grids over GT Masters with its GT3 only racing even with its mega grid, its just like seeing a slight variant on GTWC, and SRO do that better in my opinion.

ADAC GT, and DTM will both have a german based GT3 and GT4 series from 2021, and I dont think thats entirely sustainable, especially when you add NLS into the mix.

It seems logical that ADAC GT's GT3/GT4 grids might lose a little to the DTM package if it carries on with its higher production and following.

But that leaves a nice opportunity for ADAC GT to run some fun large combined GT3/GT4 grids.

Just my two cents, I imagine plenty here would and will disagree! Nothing wrong with that!

I think you are spot on. And I did forget to mention NLS/Nürburgring. I like them a lot too. So yeah ADAC I think is in for a fall. Too bad for them. But its of little loss to us GT fans in the grand scheme of things.

Biggest things GT racing specifically needs for next year to set up for a good next half decade is: GTE/GT3 convergence, SRO to get rid of their current safety car procedures, and new DTM format to impress