Thread: WEC WEC Motorsport Survey
View Single Post
Old 23 Nov 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3782381)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
When you look at it that way, I suppose it makes sense.

The simple fact that the WEC is a world championship doesn't make it great - it's a shame the ACO/FIA doesn't have the ambition to combine a bunch of great events/tracks in a championship.

Plenty of possible venues available in winter time that would fit the calendar requirements (mainly good weather). How about Kyalami, Daytona, Sepang, Australia, etc.?
Who would show up to those races? Bahrain has low attendance, but they pay for the race. Sepang just dropped F1 because the price. Daytona is a can of worms. Kyalami is operational? Australia is a good idea, but where and on what day/package? They all need something, mostly support. Either support from manufacturers, local money, other race series etc. I'd like to see some in the Southern hemisphere like South America and Australia but are they possible? I guess we'll see in the future.