View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4031090)   #2624
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
A friend of mine worked in Japan full time for about 3 years in the mid 2000s and described the Japanese as the most “superior” and generally racist people he had ever come across.
He had to discover Chinese I presume…

We have now the first side effects of Brexit. Nothing to do with what has been decided or is done in the UK, seems its all about our gov', custom department and certainly transport companies.
All we purchase from you is supposed to be invoiced out of any tax, its the responsibility of the transport company and/or representing to collect VAT, tariff and what they think must be applied. Prior to delivery or post delivery…*Seems anything below 150 € or £, goes under the beam.
Of course this will affect only "poor" people like me but if you add several small invoices, the total becomes significant.

For a while, I feel it'll be easier to buy from Germany, Ireland, the US and even Australia. Hope this is only the "running in" period…