View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3771854)   #9
oneofapair
Racer

oneofapair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have held a competition licence for over 20 years, I am also colour blind in the sense of the test. My doctor was confronted with an armful of Marshals flags that I borrowed from my local circuit. Having correctly named all the flags I duly passed the test and have not had a problem since. I have twice had my medical by a participating Motor racing doctor who conducted the test with some neat individual plastic wallets with relevant colours inside . I passed this also.
Over twenty plus years I have never had a Marshal flag or light recognition problem ! I have been preparing a car over the last couple of years at some consideable expense, to now be facing the fact that this new requirement will probably prevent me from racing it and leave me many pounds down at the same time.
A case of re inventing the wheel at some disruption to a good few Competitors who will no longer be applying for a licence! A considerable loss of revenue for the MSA.

I cant see why,having held a licence for twenty plus years with no problems why I cannot now have one!!