View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2018, 03:46 (Ref:3842434)   #2
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018 Goodwood Revival

As my wife is unable to do long distance travel this year, I get to travel from NZ to the UK and Goodwood is part of the somewhat crammed trip.

The official Goodwood Website is a bit confusing at times. Follow some of the many links and you find it is 2017 stuff still on there and finding out 2018 info is not always that easy.

However we have a message on there about the Sears Trophy race, yet it doesn't appear in the current race listings for either Saturday or Sunday. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Comments on here about previous meetings complaining of the amount of wasted time I can only agree with and if I had just one day, it would be Friday... More cars on track. That is what we pay to see.

Having to wait until the last race of the weekend, (again) for the sports racing cars (Sussex Trophy) I love, was beyond my stamina levels for 2016 so I missed them and missed their practice on the Friday too as I was just too tired. Being over 70 then, it isn't exactly going to be any easier this year now that the knees are failing.

Meanwhile we have to put up with pedal cars on a tiny section of the track for two sessions - in the middle of the day? What about the spectators at the 85% of the track who can't see them (forget big screens, just not interested)?

This may be my last visit so I'm determined to see as much as I can and that includes the pre 1966 car park.